As a result we have put in place a number of measures to ensure that any personal data we obtain from you visiting this website is processed and maintained in accordance with accepted principles of good information handling and also in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. This statement provides you with details of the type of information we may hold about you, how we obtain and use any information and how we protect your privacy.
The program covers only information that is collected through this Web site www.wageme.com and its various forms and subdomains.
1. Obtaining Information
- a. You are free to browse the website www.Wageme.com (the “Website”) without providing any personal information (although, please see the “Cookies” section below).
- b. We may as a result of your interaction with the Website, including the use of the “Live Chat” facility, store and process your information on our computers, hard copy records and electronic media. By "your information" we mean personal and financial information we (a) obtain from you or from third parties, such as credit reference agencies (CallCredit, Experian, Equifax, who may search the Electoral Register), or fraud prevention agencies when you apply for an account or any other product or service or which you or they give to us at any other time or (b) learn from the way you use and manage your account(s), from your transactions and from the payments made to your account.
- c. If however you e-mail a question to help@Wageme.com, or register your interest in our product(s), then it will be necessary for us to collect information about you in order to e-mail a reply or, respond to you. The information that we usually collect is as follows:
- Directly from you, via our online application form
- Personal information such as:
- E-mail address
- Home address
- Residential status
- Telephone numbers
- Date of birth
- Income details, including your pay dates
- Bank account details
- National Insurance number
- Any other information you voluntarily choose to provide to us through your use of the “LiveChat” facility.
- d. From your behavior when you visit our site. This can show us for example which elements of the website you use most and least. (See also the “Cookies” section below)
- e. From third parties. We may receive personal information from third parties so that we can offer our products and/or services to individuals who have been identified as potentially interested in such products and/or services. We are keen to ensure that any personal information received from third parties is accurate and we aim to check the accuracy of such information from time to time when we have contact with you.
2. Use of collected information
- a.The information we collect about you will be recorded electronically and may be used in the following ways:
- To verify your identity and credit standing and to enable us to consider and process your application for a loan or other products or services.
- To assess your credit history and confirm your employment details.
- To detect, prevent and investigate actual and potential fraud and related activities
- To collect unpaid loans and debt that may be owed by you to us.
- To develop, manage and market products and services to meet your needs, to contact you for products and services that may be of interest, to determine your eligibility for different products and services that you may be interested in.
- To help us to administer and service your account with us.
- To contact you in connection with your enquiry.
- To extract certain information for the purpose of generating statistics for our own internal purposes (including credit and/or behavior scoring, and market and product analysis).
- To update our website to better meet our clients’ needs in the future.
3.Sharing your information with third parties
- To provide you with a loan. As brokers as well as direct lenders, our products and services are sometimes provided in conjunction with our business partners. It will therefore be necessary to disclose your information to them to provide you with the products and/or services you require.
- To our agents, staff and approved third parties to carry out services for us. To facilitate the processing and collection of direct debits or other payments due from you under the loan agreement, we may also share your personal data with third party payment processing service providers. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- To provide you with information about special promotions and offers as referred to in the “Keeping You Informed” section below.
- To protect us, our group of affiliated companies or others. We may share your information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, with third parties when we believe it is necessary to protect our or another person's rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging information with third parties (such as other lenders, law enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities) to protect against fraud and reduce risks.
- If there is (or is to be) any change in ownership of our business or assets then we may wish to share your information so that the new (prospective) owners may continue to operate our business effectively and continue to provide services to our customers. This may include new shareholders or any organization that might take an assignment or transfer of any agreements we have entered into with our customers. you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information We will place appropriate obligations and restrictions on third parties to protect your details.
- In some circumstances, your details may be passed to another lender (not necessarily within our group of affiliated companies) who may be able to offer you a payday loan. Please refer to the relevant pages within the loan application process for further information.
- From time to time we would like to contact you with offers relating to products of ours which we think you might be interested in, by SMS, post, email, telephone or automated message. Please tick the appropriate box on the application if you wish to receive marketing material from us or contact us at Wageme.com 53 GREEK STREET, LONDON, W1D 3DR to inform us of your marketing preferences.
4. Credit reference & fraud prevention agencies
- a. We may use credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to help us make decisions. When you apply to us to open an account, we will check the following records about you and others:
- our own;
- Those at credit reference agencies (CRAs). When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
- Those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
- b. We will make checks such as assessing this application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. We may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs in order to refresh our records and manage your account with us, including whether to make credit available or to continue or extend existing credit, focus the relevance of the marketing communications that we send to you, and/or ensure that we comply with our obligations regarding responsible lending.
- c. If you are making a joint application or tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we will link your records together so you must be sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about them. CRAs also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
- d. Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. Where you borrow from us, we will give details of your accounts and how you manage it/them to CRAs. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
- e. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention. Law enforcement agencies (such as the police, HMRC and other regulatory bodies) may access and use this information. We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities;
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities;
- Recovering debt;
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance;
- Checking details of job applicants and employees.
- f. If you have borrowed from us and do not make payments that you owe us, we will trace your whereabouts and recover debts.
- g. We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
- h. Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- i. This section is a condensed explanation of how personal information is used for credit referencing and fraud prevention purposes. If you would like to read the full details of how your credit reference data may be used please refer to “A Guide to the use of your personal information by Wageme.com and at Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies” by clicking here.
- j. You can contact the CRAs currently operating in the UK; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small statutory fee, currently £2.00.
- CallCredit, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 0601414
- Equifax PLC, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 3001, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0870 010 0583 or log on to www.myequifax.co.uk
- Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0844 4818000 or log on to www.experian.co.uk.
- Teletrack UK Limited, 6th Floor (South Tower), 26 Elmfield Road, Bromley, Kent BR1 1WA
- Perfect Data Solutions Limited(trading as LendingMetrics)Lancaster Court8 Barnes Wallis Road Fareham, PO15 5TU www.lendingmetrics.com.
- Please contact our Data Protection Officer (see “Contact Our Data Protection Officer” below) if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies.
- k. Information held about you by the Credit Reference Agencies may already be linked to records relating to your partner(s). For the purposes of this application you and your partner(s) are financially independent and you request that your application be assessed without reference to any "associated" records, although you recognise that this may adversely affect the outcome of your application. You believe that there is no information relating to your partner(s) that is likely to affect our willingness to offer financial services to you. You authorise us to check the validity of this declaration with Credit Reference Agencies and if we discover any associated records, which would affect the accuracy of this declaration we may decide not to proceed with the application on this basis.
As a responsible lender, Wageme.com has a legal obligation to take steps to ensure that our customers are creditworthy.
We use a variety of methods to try to make sure that we do not lend money to people who are in financial difficulty. One of these is to carry out a credit reference check. In order to do this, we shall pass the personal data that you provide to us in your loan application to a credit reference agency (CRA) called Perfect Data Solutions Limited which trades as Lending Metrics. Lending Metrics provide us with data about a customer's credit history and borrowing habits. You can contact Lending Metrics at Lancaster Court, 8 Barnes Wallis Road, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 5TU in writing to request the information that they hold about you (please note, a small statutory fee may be payable).
Important - Your Personal Information
Credit decisions and also the prevention of fraud and money laundering
We may use credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to help us make decisions. What we do and how both we and credit reference and fraud prevention agencies will use your information is detailed in the section called:
A condensed guide to the use of your personal information by ourselves and at Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies.
By confirming your agreement to proceed you are accepting that we may each use your information in this way.
5. Use of your information outside of the UK
- a. Some companies within our group of affiliated companies, and sometimes other third parties with whom we share personal information are or may be located outside the UK. We implement safeguards within our group of affiliated companies and with relevant third parties to ensure the appropriate levels of protection for all such information. Unless you have advised us to the contrary, we and any other broker, lender or third party referred to above may contact you by telephone, SMS, post, e-mail, fax or automated message. (Please see the ‘Keeping You Informed’ section below regarding how you may be contacted for direct marketing purposes).
6. How long do we keep your information?
- a. How long we keep your information for depends on the basis on which it was provided, generally however:
- We will keep the information that is necessary to enable us to provide you with a service that you have requested through this website for as long as it takes us to provide that service.
- If you have asked that we do not use your details for marketing purposes, we may still need to keep them to ensure our systems reflect your preferences.
- We will generally keep records of any transactions you enter into on this website for a minimum of six years from the end of the relationship. This is so that we can respond to any complaints or disputes that arise in that period. Otherwise we will keep the information where appropriate for legitimate business needs.
- We will keep other information about you if it is necessary for us to do so to comply with the law, or where appropriate for legitimate business needs.
7. Keeping you informed
- a. From time to time we would like to contact you with offers relating to products of ours which we think you might be interested in, by SMS, post, email, telephone or automated message. Please tick the appropriate box on the application if you wish to receive marketing material from us or contact us at Wageme.com 53 GREEK STREET, LONDON, W1D 3DR to inform us of your marketing preferences.
- c. When you submit your application, you will be asked to agree to the use of your information above.
8. Accessing personal information we hold about you
- a. Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right of access to your personal records and information that we hold about you, upon written request and payment of a charge of up to £10. You will need to make a separate request and pay a separate fee for each company within our group of affiliated companies whose records you wish to access.
9. Update your details/preferences
- a. If any data or information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date then please let us know and this will be corrected where appropriate. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving marketing material by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these various media, by accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us at help@Wageme.com
- b. To revise your marketing contact preferences, or to access, correct or amend your records you should contact the Data Protection Officer (see “Contact Our Data Protection Officer” below).
To revise your marketing contact preferences, or to access, correct or amend your records you should contact the Data Protection Officer (see “Contact Our Data Protection Officer” below).
10. Security and confidentiality
- a. Appreciating that both privacy and security of your information is of the utmost importance, we have implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to protect the personal information we hold about you. When you enter sensitive information (such as a bank account number) on our forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL)
- b. We endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, please be aware that there are inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the internet and we cannot therefore guarantee the security of any data disclosed online. We ask that you do not provide us with any sensitive personal information online (please see the ‘Sensitive Information’ Section below) unless we specifically ask for this. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at help@Wageme.com.
- b. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but normally you can alter your browser settings to prevent automatic acceptance, if you prefer. If you decline cookies, we cannot guarantee that your experience with our website will be as quick or responsive as if you do receive cookies.
- c. We do not store passwords or any other information about a visitor in a cookie that could identify them, their location, their preferences or their financial activity.
- d. We use aggregated customer information to help us understand how our website is performing commercially and what we can do to improve performance. We may provide this information to other companies, such as third party advertisers. This information does NOT include any personal details that can be used to identify individuals. If you do not want to receive cookies from us, please follow the procedures below. These procedures do not apply to cookies sent by our business partners.
- Cookies Used by Wageme.com
- __utmz, __utma, __utmc, __utmb Google Analytics cookies, used for page stats
- How to Find and Control Your Cookies
- If you're using Internet Explorer 6.0 or 7.0:
- Choose Tools, then:
- Internet Options
- Click the Privacy tab
- Click on the 'Advanced' button
- Check the 'Override automatic cookie handing' box and select Accept, Block or Prompt for action as appropriate.
- If you're using Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose Tools, then:
- Set your options as required
- If you're using Opera 8+:
- Choose Tools, then
- Select Cookies
- Select your settings using the available options
- If you're using Safari:
- Choose Safari, then
- Select options by Accept Cookies as required.\
- If you're using Internet Explorer:
- Choose Tools, then
- Internet Options
- Click the General tab
- Click Settings
- View Files.
- If you're using Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose Tools, then
- Click the Show Cookies button
- . If you're using Opera 8+:
- Choose Tools, then
- Click Cookies.
- If you're using Safari:
- Choose Safari, then
- Click Show Cookies button.
- e. How to see your cookie code
- Just click on a cookie to open it. You'll see a short string of text and numbers. The numbers are your identification card, which can only be seen by the server that gave you the cookie.
- f. Further Information About Cookies
- The Interactive Advertising Bureau is an industry body that has produced a series of web pages which explain how cookies work and how they can be managed.
12. Links to other sites
- a. This website may from time to time include links to other sites. We make every effort to provide links to high quality, reputable sites but we're not responsible for their privacy practices or, site content, or the services they offer. Please always check the privacy policies of any linked sites.
- a. We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at help@Wageme.com;
14. Sensitive information
- a. Information about you which is considered sensitive information under the Data Protection Act 1998, includes information about your medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or trade union membership, religious or philosophical beliefs and sexual orientation, and suspected or proven criminal activity and related proceedings. If we need to process sensitive personal data, you will be notified of such processing and asked to specifically agree to the use of such information as appropriate.
15. Telephone calls
- a. If you call any of the telephone numbers quoted on this website, in our literature or in correspondence, we may record your call. These recordings are used for training, regulatory and quality control purposes to ensure that we continuously monitor and improve our customer service standards.
17. Contact Us
- b. By e-mail at help@Wageme.com; or
- c. By post at Wageme.com, 53 Greek St, London, W1D 3DR
A condensed guide to the use of your personal information by ourselves and at Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies
1) When you apply to us to open an account, this organisation will check the following records about you and others (see 2 below)
- a) Our own database;
- b) Those at credit reference agencies (CRAs). When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
- c) Those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
We will make checks such as; assessing this application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. We may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage your account with us.
- Equifax Limited
Customer Service Centre
PO Box 10036
- Perfect Data Solutions Limited
(trading as LendingMetrics)
8 Barnes Wallis Road
Fareham, PO15 5TU
3) Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. Where you borrow from us, we will give details of your accounts and how you manage it/them to CRAs. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
4) If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
5) If you have borrowed from us and do not make payments that you owe us, we will trace your whereabouts and recover debts.
6) Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
How to find out more
This is a condensed version and if you would like to read the full details of how your data may be used please visit our website at www.wageme.com or phone 02079930742 or ask one of our staff.